2nd assignment



The first video is a demo of Jack from the Summer Thieves doing a half-written song of his own. I got to the studio an hour earlier to get everything set up as jack's only gave me about 30 min to finish the recording. Luckily everything went smoothly and we manage to record the first verse, chorus and the guitar track. Used a free video editor called headliner app for the audio demo.






The second video is where I spend most of my time in (Ableton). We recorded the vocal and guitar separately as it sounds much nicer and Jack's feels much easier to concentrate on the vocal which I doubt most vocalist would prefer. After the recording I've been playing around by Adding delays, loops, EQ all over the song for a few days and eventually it gets too messing till I decided just to add a little delay and eq on vocals in the verse. For the chorus, I sang and recorded two tracks of vocal harmony(little out of tune ) for it just to add a little flavour yet still keeping it real? Added 4 bars of beats at the end of the song. Editing videos in Ableton were fun, took me quite a while to put all these together.




The final video Cleary shows the environment and how we did the recording at Albany street G36 studio. Gears include a condenser mic, interface, computer, software are compulsory. For this assignment, I used a tripod for my camera to capture the recording session. it's my first time and I feel pretty happy about it as the video feels more stable to watch. Finally, not really sure whether I'm doing this assignment correctly. Been following the assessment criteria but sorry for not doing the summary and quote from three sources as one reading is already too much for me haha. Hopefully, u enjoy it :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st assignment

3rd assignment